Gildan is a leading manufacturer of everyday basic apparel which markets its products in North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, under a diversified portfolio of Company-owned brands, including Gildan®, American Apparel®, Comfort Colors®, Gildan® Hammer™, Prim + Preux™, Gold Toe®, Anvil®, Alstyle®, Secret®, Silks®, Kushyfoot®, Secret Silky®, Therapy Plus™, Peds® and MediPeds®, and under the Under Armour® brand through a sock licensing agreement providing exclusive distribution rights in the United States and Canada. Our product offering includes activewear, underwear, socks, hosiery, and legwear products sold to a broad range of customers, including wholesale distributors, screenprinters or embellishers, as well as to retailers that sell to consumers through their physical stores and/or e-commerce platforms.
The SOX compliance Internal Auditor will be a member of the global SOX compliance team reporting to the SOX, P&P and Compliance Manager and will be responsible for supporting SOX compliance initiatives, audit and internal controls projects as required.
Responsible of the overall control environment under Sarbanes Oxley 404, providing oversight and guidance of operating and financial controls to the Finance heads in the different business units/hubs in Honduras, Nicaragua, Dominican Republic, Mexico and Bangladesh.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Participate in the execution of activities to support the objectives established for SOX compliance including understanding of SOX processes, conducting and participating in the walkthroughs and other meetings, conducting tests of design and tests of operational effectiveness for key processes and controls.
• Ensure proper identification and disposition of internal control issues that have potential financial, operational and/or compliance risk implications to the company and that they are well-defined, documented and the root causes are analyzed, discussed and agreed with Management.
• Provide internal controls support for finance transformation initiatives.
• Identify, address and classify potential control/accounting issues and recommend enhancements to our existing internal controls.
• Provide advice of control considerations in policy design and risk assessment, as well as general and technical guidance relating to SOX internal controls to Controllers, Finance staff, Accountants, and other departments.
• Participate in the annual audit of SOX internal controls with external auditors
• This position requires travel.
Profile & Core Competencies
• University degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
• Minimum 5 years of experience, including Financial Audit/Attestation/Enterprise Risk Services/ internal audit or a combination thereof in a Big Four firm or a large public company subject to Sarbanes-Oxley reporting requirements.
• Working knowledge and experience of Sarbanes Oxley 404 requirements, documentation and testing, financial auditing and IFRS required.
• Professional oral and written communication skills in both: English and Spanish and demonstrated ability to communicate with senior level manufacturing and financial leaders.
• Strong analytical, organizational, decision making and administrative skills.
• High attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task in a time sensitive environment.
• Collaborate with people at different levels within the organization to accomplish common goals.
• Experience in conducting fraud reviews is a plus.